Monday 28 May 2012

I BROUGHT 2 NEW SKIRTS!

So much for not shopping for a month eh? However I have done PRETTY well considering, and I was still in budget for my week (yes that's right, I'm actually budgeting. boo.)

However I'm only going to show you the ONE skirt I brought, Gives you something to look forward to on my future blog posts ay?










I AM WEARING
H&M SKIRT - £5
CHARITY SHOP SHIRT - £3
D.I.Y SOCKS - £0
D.I.Y BOW - £0.30
DOROTHY PERKINS BELT - £3
BROWN BROGUES - £6

TOTAL OUTFIT COST = £ 17.30

Now who says you have to be rich to look good? there is really no excuse to dress scruffy when you can buy a whole outfit for less that £20. GOK WAN EAT YOUR HEART OUT! ;)

D.I.Y Socks
I'll tell you all about how these were created. I had these tights, which I used to love, and wear quite often, so of course, Typically, they got laddered and had all sorts of holes everywhere. The bottom of the tights were in great condition, it was just from the knees up where things went down hill.
SO instead of just throwing them out, or keeping them and never wearing them because they have holes in, I created a new addition to my wardrobe! I cut the tights, just to over my knees, and they work lovely as a pair of socks!
So next time you are thinking of throwing away your printed tights, don't! just get out a pair of scissors ;)

D.I.Y BOW
I can't really class this as D.I.Y, as I didn't do much D.I.Y at all to create this!

All I did was buy some ribbon from my local craft shop, and then cut it, and tied it just under the collar of the shirt to create extra detail. I'm going to so this with a lot of my shirts I think! It just makes the shirt look way better!
The only thing I might do next time is sew the ribbon underneath the back of the collar, as it tended to twist round as I was walking.
I also Singed the ends of the ribbon on a low flamed lighter once I had cut it to the right length to prevent it from fraying.

I must apologise for the lack of blogging I have done lately! I've been so busy! I went to Blackpool the weekend too! But not to worry, I'm back on track and I have A LOT of blog posts lined up!!

SPEAK SOON & ENJOY THE SUN!

PEACE & LOVE


Tanya  x

4 comments:

  1. love this outfit! I forgot about that shirt , need to start wearing it more! :) I really like the ribbon bow , I may have to steal this idea from you :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's not good now its boiling hot though! MY MIND IS FULL OF BRILLIANCE! :P haha! <3

      Delete
  2. I wish I could take your advice about the tight-socks, they look amazing! Unfortunately mine always seem to start ripping from the toes :( damn my feet! Bloody awesome idea though. Nice work on the budgeting, you've made a £17 outfit look a bazillion dollars :)
    Ps: You could totally rock pin-up hair,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! no way, well, even if you buy some bargain tights, get 2 pairs and cut one pair into socks! haha :)

      THANKS!! I don't think very many of my outfits exceed the £20+ mark!

      IM DEFFO GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A PRACTISE! I'd love to rock that look :)

      xx

      Delete